A Sherlock Escape Room Is Opening in London

BBC
BBC

Get ready to don your deerstalker cap and start thinking like a detective: An escape room based on the hit television series Sherlock is coming to London this October, Entertainment Weekly reports.

In this hands-on challenge, titled “Sherlock: The Game is Now,” teams of four to six people will have 90 minutes to solve puzzles and mysteries on sets modeled after scenes from the Benedict Cumberbatch-starring series. There will even be exclusive videos featuring characters from the franchise, Steven Moffat, co-creator of the TV series, told Entertainment Weekly.

“There is some of the Sherlock cast in it—obviously not turning up on a daily basis, with their costumes, because they’re quite expensive,” Moffat said. “But, yes, you will see new footage of them, never seen before!”

Co-creator Mark Gatiss (who also plays the character of Sherlock’s brother, Mycroft) says the game will make players feel like they’re immersed in the world of Sherlock.

“It’s as close as you can get to being in an episode of Sherlock without becoming an actor, working for years of disappointment, and gradually dragging your weary carcass into the show!,” Gatiss said.

The game, which will be the first official Sherlock-themed escape room, is being created by the escape room extraordinaires at Time Run, in partnership with KIN Partners and Sherlock producer Hartswood Films. The exact location has yet to be announced, but the game will be based in central London. Creators are considering bringing it to other international locations, which is great news for Sherlock fans worldwide who have been anxiously waiting to learn whether the show will return. (The jury's still out on that, but if it does, it looks like it will be a while.)

Tickets to the "The Game is Now" can be booked here, and you can watch a teaser for the escape room below.

[h/t Entertainment Weekly]

Doctor Strange 2 to Begin Filming This Year, According to Reports

Marvel Studios
Marvel Studios

The fate of our favorite Marvel heroes was very unknown after ​Avengers: Infinity War, and now we have even more questions about what's to come after next year's Avengers 4. As of right now, Spider-Man: Far From Home is the lone movie slated to be released after the fourth film in the Avengers series.

However, now we know there is another movie expected to begin production soon. Speaking at Fan Expo Vancouver on Saturday, Benedict Wong, who plays Wong in the MCEU, teased that he will not only reprise his role for Avengers 4, but also for a Doctor Strange sequel which should begin filming at the end of the year.

Earlier this year, ​reports came out that Benedict Cumberbatch was receiving a major payday to reprise the role of Dr. Strange. And screenwriter C. Robert Cargill has already ​provided some details of his plans for a potential sequel.

"Marvel movies work in threes. They also work outside of their threes. Some of the better Marvel films have more than one villain in them," Cargill, whose involvement with the sequel has yet to be revealed, stated. "Me and Scott have not laid the groundwork for it but what I can say is that I have a feeling that whatever Nightmare is involved with, Baron Mordo, being somebody who considers himself the defender of natural law will have something to do with it."

If Wong's teasing is to be believed, then we can expect to hear something about Doctor Strange 2 pretty soon.

New Avengers 4 Tease From the Russo Brothers Has Marvel Fans Confused

Marvel Studios
Marvel Studios

​There are few things the Russo Brothers enjoy more than teasing Marvel fans as we await the release of Avengers 4. Last month, they posted a photo of Joe Russo sitting in the middle of the movie's set, which sparked speculation about the film's unknown title.

Now, another cryptic tweet from the Russo Brothers is out and it's even more puzzling than the last one.

​​Captioned "#wrapped," the photo is just an image that's crazy bright. It's confusing, but leave it to Marvel fans to speculate on its meaning.

​​Some believe it's War Machine's proton cannon ...

... while others are actively manipulating the photo to see if the meaning is hidden in plain sight.

We'd like to give ​a huge shout-out to the fans who are admittedly as confused as we are.

Whatever this image means, we are sure the Russo Brothers won't be the ones explaining it. Their
dedication to keeping mum on any details about theirs films is admirable—even if their stars aren't so great at secret-keeping.

Avengers stars have ​accidentally spoiled a few things about the movie.

Earlier this month, Chris Evans ​announced that the fourth Avengers movie would be his last as Captain America.

​​If the brothers plan to make their tweets even more ambiguous as the release date nears, they can keep them. Our eyesight is going to suffer is we keep squinting this hard.

SECTIONS

arrow
LIVE SMARTER